Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Violence Returns to Northern Ireland
1. Sat 07 Mar 09, 2120 GMT: Sappers Mark Quinsey and Patrick Azimkar are killed outside the Massereene Army base, Antrim. Four other people, including two pizza delivery men, are injured. Dissident republican group Real IRA claims responsibility.
2. Mon 09 Mar 09, 2145 GMT: Police Constable Stephen Carroll is shot dead in Craigavon after responding to a call for help from a distressed woman. Splinter group the Continuity IRA says it was responsible.
The Details of the Antrim Shootings
SATURDAY 7 MARCH:
1. Soldiers order pizza from delivery shop in Antrim. Two cars leave shop at about 2120 GMT
2. Four soldiers collect pizza from main gate at Massereene Barracks. As they do, two gunmen open fire from a nearby car. Two soldiers - Mark Quinsey, 23, and Patrick Azimkar, 21 - are killed, four people seriously injured including the pizza delivery men
3. Vauxhall Cavalier which police believe the gunmen to have used recovered in Ranaghan Road, nr Randalstown
For more details, click for this link to the BBC.