Monday, September 04, 2006

Trinity Says "Yes!"


Just got the word from Trinity College Dublin, and I have been admitted to the Ph.D. program for the spring term!

I leave tomorrow for Ireland, and will meet with the head of the school, and my new advisor. For the record, I am very excited about this! I interviewed at Trinity in January and July, and I have been holding my breath a long time! For the last two years, I have been challenged and happy in Wales, but the chance to study at Trinity is an unsurpassable opportunity.

Now, the program begins in the spring semester. For the fall, I am finishing my coursework and thesis for the LL.M. at Cardiff University in Wales, which is due 15 Dec 2006. So, for now, we are living at the family farm in Ft. Worth, which has been wonderful (my parents are enjoying having little "AJ" around!). Because we are going to be here through December, I also took a part-time job, teaching Philosophy at Tarrant County College (which has been great fun, and it leaves me time to work on the thesis - see below!).

Well, we are busy, happy, and thrilled about the great news from Ireland! More soon....


From: "Hill, Andrew"
To:
Subject: FW: Registration to higher degree by research with the Irish School of Ecumenics
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:57:47 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Admissions [mailto:Research.Admissions@tcd.ie]
Sent: Mon 9/4/2006 6:41 AM
To: Hill, Andrew
Cc:
Subject: Registration to higher degree by research with the Irish School of Ecumenics

Dear Andrew,

The Irish School of Ecumenics has recommended your acceptance to the
postgraduate research register for April 2007.

Your formal letter of offer and registration details will follow shortly.

Kind regards,

Anne Doyle
Executive Officer
Research Admissions
Graduate Studies Office
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
Tel: (+353 01) 896 3354
Fax: (+ 353 01) 671 2821
www.tcd.ie

No comments: