Thursday, September 07, 2006

Visiting Trinity, Day 2







[Photos: The Marianist Brothers at their community house in Ballybrack, Fr. Michael Reaume, SM (left) and Bro. Fred Rech, SM; flowers in St. Stephen's Green; and the last three are from the grounds of the ISE]

Today is Thursday, 07 September 06, and I had a great day in Dublin! I met with Prof. John D'Arcy May from the Irish School of Ecumenics (ISE), and we talked about my proposal and how he could help me with my research. I also saw briefly Dr. Linda Hogan, who will be my advisor, and talked with Christine Houlahan, who helped me with some of the administrative and logistical aspects of the program.

Afterwards, I managed to find the Marianist brothers down in Loughlinstown (where they have a school), and I joined them for Mass and dinner at their community house (which is in Ballybrack, near the Kiliney DART station).

Their house is gorgeous, and they were quite friendly; it was a great connection to the Marianist Family. Seriously, they could not have been more welcoming, and they are some great guys. After dinner, one of the guys walked me down to the DART station (a short walk), and - I am not making this up - as you stand on the platform, you can hear the ocean waves breaking on the beach below you!

I am currently at an internet cafe in Dun Laoghaire (the port which has the Ferry Terminal), but I need to run, as tomorrow I have an early flight to London, lunch with Jack Calentine, his wife Gracie, and Dan Long, and then a train to Cardiff!

1 comment:

pamela said...

those pictures are beautiful, andy!